Experienced Online Sales and Digital Marketing Professional
- Results driven professional with over 20 years of experience.
- Experience includes ecommerce, digital marketing, product marketing, sales and business development.
- Strong leader and team player, adept at supporting team members to achieve personal and professional goals.
Career History & Accomplishments
KASPERSKY LAB, Woburn, MA
Vice President Online Sales and Marketing, October 2008 – August 2014
- Increased NA Online Sales revenue by 566% since 2008, Acquisition Revenues increased by 80% and Retention Revenues increased by 360%.
- Achieved $98 million in gross sales in 2014.
- Managed the P&L of the Online Sales and Marketing department.
- Built Online Sales business for North America, Latin America, B2C, B2B, and OEM Partnerships.
- Facilitated the development of the strategic road map for Kaspersky’s online and ecommerce presence.
- Led and Managed Online Sales organization. The core team is made up of 15 Online Sales professionals.
- Management and optimization of all traffic and demand generation programs, paid search, affiliate marketing, email marketing, display advertising, and SEO.
- Participated in client advisory board for Ecommerce Partner Company.
COREL CORPORATION, Minneapolis, MN
Director of Product Marketing, March 2005 – March 2008
- Responsible for creating, executing, and managing Digital Imaging Integrated Marketing Plans.
- Led the creation of all marketing and sales collateral for Digital Imaging product line including, packaging, sell sheets, sales presentations, print and web ads, web content, direct mail, and email.
- Managed NA marketing plans, budget and tracked results.
- Developed and executed on marketing mix and promotional calendars to drive ecommerce sales, including paid search, online advertising, affiliate marketing, content distribution, print advertising, events, and web promotions.
- Led team to achieve the first ever simultaneous two product global launch in Corel’s history.
- Demonstrated executive leadership during management transition in the absence of a General Manager and Director of Product Management.
JASC SOFTWARE, Minneapolis, MN (Acquired by Corel Corporation in Oct. 2004)
Director of e-Commerce Sales & Marketing, April 2002 – March 2005
- Led direct sales and marketing organization including e-commerce, customer service, online marketing, direct mail, and email marketing.
- Managed North America Jasc.com website, International websites, Dell Picture Studio, and web development staff.
- Grew direct sales revenue by more than 96% from 2002 to 2003.
- Managed all email marketing initiatives. In 2003 sent over 9 million emails using 120 different email templates.
- Created a monthly e-newsletter and special offers newsletter emailed to more than 650,000 recipients.
- Increased opt-in email subscriber base by 48% in 18 months.
- Completed the first website redesign in over 5 years in 2004.
WEBMD CORPORATION, Seattle, WA
Director of Business Development, September 2000 – July 2001
- Created and implemented content syndication strategy and products for Consumer Services Division to increase revenues, leverage content assets, and strengthen brand.
- Led cross-functional team dedicated to building syndication business unit and played an active role in the design of products and technology. Responsibilities included: Defining market size and segments, analysis of competitive landscape, developing market and product requirements, review of content assets, pricing, promotion, defining distribution channels, licensing, and sales strategy.
- Created negotiation strategies aimed at optimization of strategic marketing alliances including Yahoo!, CNN, Microsoft, and Lycos.
- Worked with marketing team to negotiate media alliances to increase unique visitors and revenue.
- Key business development team member involved in the high level integration of OnHealth Network Company into WebMD Corporation.
ONHEALTH NETWORK COMPANY, Seattle, WA (Acquired by WebMD in Feb. 2000)
Director of Business Development, October 1997 – September 2000
- Worked closely with marketing team to ensure that OnHealth.com was #1 trafficked health site on the Internet. Our efforts increased unique users 422% to 4.7MM, decreased our acquisition cost by 80%, increased membership by 100% through promotions and increased retention by 25% through OnHealth’s initial relationship marketing efforts.
- Instrumental in forging marketing and distribution relationships with partners and negotiating contracts. Successfully completed deals include; Yahoo!, About.com, Ask Jeeves, Microsoft’s Hotmail WebCourier, Weather.com, WebTV, AOL’s Digital City, and iSyndicate among others.
- Responsibility for ongoing analysis of all strategic marketing and distribution relationships and recommending and implementing strategy changes to ensure a positive ROI on each deal.
- Initiated OnHealth’s relationship marketing and promotion campaigns including e-newsletters, co-promotions with Yahoo! and About.com.
- New Product Development: Created content distribution and syndication products for OnHealth.com including strategy, structure, key targets, offering, terms, and licenses.
- Managed major initiative to build company’s first ever content harvesting platform from design to development.
- Supported senior management in evaluating new business opportunities and in developing new business models.
AMERICA ONLINE’S DIGITAL CITY, Minneapolis, MN
Account Executive, February 1997 – October 1997
- Successfully sold online advertising programs to a broad base of local businesses.
- Achieved market goal for fiscal ’97.
AMERICAN RESEARCH CORPORATION, Minneapolis, MN
Sales and Marketing Manager, October 1994 – December 1997
- Actively involved with content design and development of legal web site, www.lawlead.com.
- Researched, created and conducted seminars to legal professionals on “The Practice of Law on Internet.”
University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
Bachelor of Business Administration 1989
Outstanding personal and professional references will be furnished upon request.